Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sad News

Micha and his father Michael


I was called a few hours ago and told that my friend Micha mcGerrah was found dead in his bed this morning. Micha had been coming to my Open Mic for the past several months. He was an ex bull rider that was working through the sadness of a broken marrige. His songs were sad but well written. He had real talent but gave everything he could when he sang. Many times he would cry on stage while singing about his exwife and kids. I often would find myself singing one of his songs when I was driving or working in the yard.
One of his songs said, "When I get to heaven, I hope that me and God will take a ride."
Well little brother, I'm just going to beleive that you are up there riding with God through that beautiful plain. I'm sorry you left us so soon and I look forward to playing with you again one day.
One of my mentors and the guy that taught me how to run an Open Mic, Dave Grossman, once told me that there are only a few places that a musician can find refuge in this world; drugs, sex, alcohol, jail, the psyhic wards and the Open Mics. I hope my now lost friend, found a little refuge at my Open Mic. His voice will be missed.
Warmly
Mad Coyote Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment