Thursday, July 7, 2011

Back Online

First of all I’d like to point out why once again I love Apple and their many products. A few weeks back I was baking and spilled a glass of very good Zinfandel on my Macbook pro. This was sad on a few levels. A week ago I was answering my E-mail and the screen started shaking and there was a loud clicking sound coming from my laptop. I pressed on the area where the sound came from (this is the twenty first century version of whacking it with a hammer!) The sound quit, so I did a back-up and called the Apple store to set up a appointment. The next day I dropped by the store and a very nice young man told me that the laptop had obvious evidence of liquid damage. He said that they’d try to keep the repair cost down and I told him that a few hundred dollars would break us right now. So he said that he would send it back to the factory for a level 4 repair. It would be free of charge unless it was totaled, in which case they would refuse to fix it… ever! It took a week but they replaced the mother board several cables the inner face and keyboard and I think the hard drive. It was about $800 worth of parts. They called today and I’m writing you on my laptop right now. The best part… no charge. They said that things happen and I’ve been a good customer. Like I said, I love Apple and their many products.

So I’m back online and the bread is going well. There has been a development on the Connex box, the twine I was using to hold the foam in place is not UV resistant, so it’s falling off the box and I’m replacing it with galvanized wire.

See you soon!

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment