Whole Grill-roasted Sea Bass
This technique applies to grill-roasting any fish.
1 2-3 LB Sea Bass, scaled
1 TBL Olive oil
Fresh-ground black pepper
1 SLICE Lemon
1 SLICE Orange
1 SLICE Lime
2-3 LEAVES Basil (or whatever herb you prefer)
1 TSP Ancho chile powder
2 Green onions, chopped fine
1. Rinse the fish under very cold water, then dry with a paper towel.
2. Cut 4 deep slits down each side of the fish. Rub both sides of the fish well with olive oil. Season to taste with Kosher salt and black pepper.
3. Place the slices of citrus and basil in the cavity of the fish. Roast the fish on a very clean, medium-hot grill, turning only once.
4. After turning, sprinkle with chili powder and dress with green onions. To check for doneness you can look inside the slits.
5. Remove from grill; squeeze a little lemon over the fish and serve.
6. Serves 2.