Sonoran Holiday Crown Roast with Poblano, Pinion Nut & Cranberry, Grand Marnier Stuffing
It's the holiday season and I know you’re all looking for a great recipe to wow your family and friends. Crown Roast of Pork is beautiful and with this easy glaze and stuffing it will soon be a new family favorite.
Sonoran Holiday Crown Roast Glaze
1-1/2 C Red pepper jelly
3 TBL Grand Marnier
3 TBL Cider vinegar
2 TBL Dark brown sugar
2 TSP Kosher salt
2 TSP Paprika
1 TSP Granulated garlic
1. In a small saucepan bring all ingredients to a low boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Allow sauce to cool and brush over crown roast in the last ½ hour of grill or oven roasting.
2. The roast is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165∫. With the addition of the stuffing remember to check the temperature at the center of the stuffing as well as the center or thickest part of the roast.
Sonoran Pinion Nut & Cranberry Grand Marnier Stuffing
I make this recipe for pork crown roast, but it's also great in turkey!
1 LB Bulk pork sausage, fried and drained (with sage if available)
1 LB Herb stuffing mix
1 C Pinion nuts
1/2 TSP Dried ground thyme
1/2 TSP Dried marjoram
Salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
3/4 C Dried cranberries
1-1/2 C Grand Marnier
1 C Sweet butter, melted
3 C Chicken broth
1 Large, white onion, minced
2 C Celery, chopped
1-1/2 C Roasted and peeled, poblano chiles, diced
1. Bring the cranberries and 1C of the Grand Marnier to a boil in a small saucepan. In a separate pan, bring the chicken broth to a simmer.
2. In a large skillet, sauté the onion and celery in half of the butter. Add the cranberry mixture, chilies, sausage, stuffing mix, and pinion nuts; toss well. While tossing add the rest of the Grand Marnier and butter.
3. Add spices and season to taste with salt and pepper. While stirring, add warm chicken broth.
4. Makes enough stuffing for a 21-24LB turkey or a 10-15LB crown roast.