Friday, May 18, 2012

Wow! Now this is news.


Wow! Now this is news.

Yesterday was our 33rd Wedding Anniversary.  We went to see a movie and to get something to eat.  When we started this new whole food diet we decided that we could have a treat on special occasions.  This being one we thought we could try some meat or fish.  After the movie we talked and settled on Sushi.  We started out with a soy roasted green beans… delicious.  Then it was Tempura Scallop Skewers no big deal… in fact the taste kind of put both of us off.  Next we had Roasted shrimp, again neither of us really liked the flavor, and last we had Caterpillar rolls which we both like.  I couldn’t eat them and Kathy ate the rice and avocado.   Hmmm!  What can this mean? 
Well, we both wanted to really enjoy this meal as it will be a long time until we have animal protein again.  On the way home we talked about how disappointed we both were with the meal.  Kathy suggested that I buy a really good steak and grill it myself, so I could enjoy that roasted meat flavor that we both were craving.
The news gets worse.
On the way home we stopped at our local Bashas’ and bought a beautiful, Black Angus, Ribeye, Beef Steak out of the case.  I took it home, let it come to room temperature and lit some pure Mesquite chunk charcoal.  When the coals were good and hot, I blistered two Poblano chiles and while they were finishing in a paper bag I grilled the steak to perfection!  After letting the steak rest for about 12 minutes I cut into the steak and it was just right.  I took a bite and thought, hmmm… no big deal.  After a few more bites I gave up and let my dogs have the rest of the steak.  This is quite a change for me as I have always loved a good grilled steak.  I have to admit my tastes are changing.  I enjoyed my oatmeal with a little honey and a few nuts this morning much more than anything I ate last night?
What it means… I’m not sure but it certainly is worth some extra thought. 
More to come, Mad Coyote Joe 

No comments:

Post a Comment