Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Me and my girl


Years ago Mike Rosenthal said to me, “What about a vacation?” At the time I thought it was silly, But now I know that, as usual, Mike was right. A vacation is the answer! And so I am taking my wife, Chef Kathy up to a little island just north of Seattle for a week of us… it’s cooking together, shopping together, drinking great wine together, walking on the beach together, digging clams together, taking those, food and too much sun induced naps, together. I think you get the idea… together!

We’ve been married for over 30 years and started going together at the age of 13. That’s right, we’re childhood sweethearts; the prom, first kiss, the whole shooting match. At this age we spend a good amount of time working on being good friends and just loving each other.

Chef Kathy is a much better cook than I am. So all we need is a kitchen and access to great local produce, seafood, dairy and wine... and each other!

Kathy says, “Joe is different at the ocean… he’s better. I like the idea of being better. So when I get back let’s hope that I’m better.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment