Tabouli salad with Cucumber yogurt sauce
I did a little comercial today and we made a dish of quonia with middle eastern flavors. It reminded me of this wonderful dish that works well when it just too darn hot!
1 C Bulghar wheat, dry
1-1/2 C Water, boiling
1-1/2 TSP Kosher salt
1/4 C Olive oil, extra virgin
1/4 C Lemon juice, fresh-squeezed
1 TBL Lime juice, fresh-squeezed
2 CLOVES Garlic, finely minced
1/2 TSP Mint, dried
1 C Plum tomatoes, diced
1 C English cucumber, diced
1/2 C Scallions, chopped fine
1 BUNCH Italian parsley, chopped fine
2 TSP Kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Cucumber yogurt sauce
1-1/2 C English cucumber, peeled
1/2 PINT Sour cream
1/2 PINT Yogurt
2 CLOVES Garlic, minced fine
1 TBL Mint, dried
1. Pour the bulghar into a mixing bowl, then add the salt and pour in the boiling water.
2. Cover with plastic and let soak for 30 minutes.
3. Whisk dressing together and stir into the bulghur.
4. Allow flavors to blend in the refridgerator for three hours.
5. Carefully stir in finishing ingredients.
6. Taste to correct seasoning.
1. Shred cucumber with a cheese grater.
2. Combine all ingredients and allow to chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.