Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Don't Shake Your Fist at God!


Don't Shake Your Fist at God!

Yesterday I mentioned that we might, in an effort to change the weather, do a BBQ raindance of sorts to make the planet warm up a bit… at least our part of it!
In that post I mentioned "The Gods of Weather."
I was baking as I do most Tuesdays and everything was going fine.  The dough was a little slow but that happens and usually will still give strong 'oven spring,' creating good loaves.
They came out half of thier usual size.  I asked my wife and partner Chef Kathy what she thought happened.  She said, "it's the weather!"
I have several personal rules that I try to live my life by.  Rule #6 is "Don't shake your fist at God, anyone's God" even for practice!  My first writing mentor, the late, great, Paul Elswick, told me that after I told him a religious joke!  It has served me well.
We are baking today to serve our coustomers.  This is a religious repair attempt, of sorts.  Hopefully the bread will rise again!

No comments:

Post a Comment