This recipe makes two servings.
1-1/2 LB Lobster
Melted lemon or garlic butter
1. Using a cleaver or heavy knife, split lobster in half lengthwise starting at head. Rinse tamale (liver) out of body cavity and drizzle with melted lemon butter or garlic butter.
2. Place on medium grill, split-side up, for 3-5 minutes, depending on size of lobster, and grill-heat. Splash lightly with white wine and turn meat-side down for 3-5 minutes. Do not overcook.
3. Serve immediately with Lobster Salsa or Dipping Sauce
Grilled Lobster Salsa
We use this salsa with grill-roasted lobster but it goes well with any grilled seafood!
3 large ripe Roma tomatoes cut into half-inch chunks
1/2 English cucumber, peeled and cut into half inch chunks
3 Serrano chiles, chopped fine
½ white onion, chopped fine
1 bunch cilantro, cleaned and chopped
2 tsp. salt
4 large Haas avocados cut into 3/4-inch chunks
Place the tomatoes and cucumber in a large bowl and top with the salt and pepper, let macerate for 10-15 minutes. Add all other ingredients, except avocado. Mix well and then fold in avocado. Cool and blend for about 1 hour before serving.
Makes 3 cups
Lobster Dipping Sauce
Serve with Grill roasted Lobster.
1/3 C Chopped white onion
2 TBL Sweet butter
1/2 C Chicken broth
1 C Heavy cream
1 C Basil leaves, firmly packed
1. Sauté the onions in the butter until soft. Add chicken broth and reduce by 1/3. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Add basil, then simmer while stirring for 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat. Puree in blender a little at a time (hot liquids expand in the blender, so be careful). Pour into glass bowl through a fine sieve and chill.