Texas Style, Grilled Lemon Bourbon Chicken
For the Rub
1/4 C Mild Chile Powder
1/4 C Brown Sugar
1/4 C Kosher Salt
3 TBL Fresh Ground Black Pepper
For Lemon Bourbon BBQ Sauce;
This wonderful sauce is to drizzle warm over the chickens
after they are grilled.
2 TBL Extra virgin olive oil
3 Shallots, minced
2 Cloves of garlic
2 C Chicken Broth
1 1/4 C Bourbon
Juice of 1 lemon
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1. Mix rub together and rub well into the skin of two split chickens.
2. Allow rubbed chickens to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before grilling.
3. They can be rubbed the day before, but cover with plastic wrap.
4. Heat up one side of your grill.
5. Grill the chickens over medium heat until browned.
6. Transfer to non-heated side and close lid.
7. Grill bake until chickens are 165 degrees at the thickest part of the breast.
8. If this is your first time indirectly grilling keep an eye on the grill to avoid flame ups.
9 While chickens are grilling make the sauce.
1. Saute the shallots and garlic until soft, over medium heat.
2. Add the chicken broth and bourbon.
3. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes or until liquid has reduced by half.
4. Add lemon juice and season.
5. Continue simmering for 10 more minutes.
6. Drizzle over grill roasted chicken before serving.
Makes enough sauce for 2-3 chickens
Utensils Needed: Mixing Device, Glass Spout Mixing Bowl, 6 Ramekins, 13X19 inch baking dish for water bath.