The Devil's Pasta Salad
This is the Pasta salad we’ve been serving for the past 25 years. This is the recipe that is most requested by vegetarians the flavors are amazing! Try it at your next barbecue or pool party.
1/3 C Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 C Chopped Cilantro
1 1/2 TSP Dijon Mustard
1 1/2 TSP Dark Brown Sugar
2/3 C Olive Oil
2 CLOVES Garlic, minced
1 1/2 TSP Salt
1 TSP Ground Black Pepper
3 C small pasta (orzo is a good choice!)
1 Yellow and Red Bell Pepper cut into 1/4" pieces
2 Habanero Chiles Diced (add the seeds for unreasonable heat)
1 C Whole, medium, pitted, olives
1 C Golden Raisins
1/2 C Chopped Italian Parsley
1/3 C Diced Red Onion
10 OZ Frozen Sweet Peas, cooked and chilled
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes until just tender.
2. Remove from water, rinse well in warm water and drain.
3. In a large salad bowl whisk all vinaigrette ingredients except oil together and then drizzle in the oil while whisking.
4. Add the orzo and toss well.
5. Add all other ingredients, toss again.
6. This salad is best if chilled over night in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to marry.
7. Serve at room temperature.