Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Two-chili Salsa with Avocado






Two-chili Salsa with Avocado
I made this recipe for Bruce Jones, my friend and the original Director and Producer of ABC15's The Sonoran Grill, my Emmy Award winning outdoor cooking series.  I would call Bruce up and say, hey come over for breakfast and I'll make you a ham steak bigger than your head.  He loves Mexican food and so I developed this Two-chili Salsa with Avocado.  Although I made it to go with Mexican Breakfast, it's great with chips and Margaritas or any Southwestern meal!
1/2 BUNCH Cilantro, chopped fine
Juice of 1/2 key lime
2 TSP Kosher salt
1 Habanero chile, diced
1 Serrano chile, diced
2 Tomatoes, diced
1 Avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2" cubes
1/2 White onion, minced
2 CLOVES Garlic, minced
1. Gently mix all ingredients and let flavors blend for 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment