3 C Assorted Tomatoes ( you know little ones, big ones, in as many colors as possible)
3/4 C Kalamata Olives, with pits (yes you can use pitted, but you'll miss the fun and some of the texture)
1/2- 3/4 C Fresh Arugula Or Basil
For the Dressing
2 TBL Red Wine Vinegar
1/3 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1. If using salad tomatoes cut them up first.
2. If using only the little baby tomatoes no need to cut them.
3. Smash the tomatoes, in a large mixing bowl, until broken up but not pulp, with a mallet, large fork or potato masher.
4. Smash the olives on a cutting board with a rolling pin and remove the pits. Toss in the mixing bowl.
5. Toss in arugula or basil.
6. Whisk together dressing and stir in just before serving.
7. Also great on cold angel hair pasta.
Serves 4-6 as a salad