Saturday, March 23, 2013

Emilys and Rick Strole




 Emilys

I went out to hear my friend Rick Strole playing tonight at a place that just opened on the north west corner of Pinnacle Peak and Pima in north Scottsdale.  I try to go see people that I know when they have a gig, to support Acoustic Music here in the valley and Rick is a real treat.  He has the rare ability to play a very complex rhythm while singing a totally different melody line.  His timing is fantastic and he has a great feel for the music.  He focuses on the early 60’s and tosses in a few hits from the 70’s.  The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, Buffalo Springfield, Neil young and the lovin Spoonful to name a few are covered with dedication and taste. 
As I sat listening to Rick I noticed these beautiful plates coming by.  So I asked for a menu.  This is, perfectly executed, light and fresh Café dining, with a French twist.
The salads are just the right size and the baked goods and pasta are made fresh daily.  I had eaten before going out, but called my wife Chef Kathy and told her we need to drop by for breakfast in the next couple of days.  
Husband and wife team, Kathy and Adam Wenda, are the proprietors and they have really done their homework.  As they call it, “Feel good food,” is what you get and in a beautiful setting.  They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  
Trust me you don’t want to miss this new little gem at 8700 e Pinnacle Peak Rd. Ste 107 in north Scottsdale.  480 513-2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment