Fruited Dessert Chimis
I make these with all kinds of fresh fruit in combination with different nuts. Banana Pecan or Peach Macadamia or Strawberry almond… mix them all up on a platter and top with the warm syrup and a dash of powered sugar. Add a cup of good hot coffee and it’s simply heaven!
1 Fresh peach or 1-cup fresh strawberries or whatever fruit is fresh
(If using a banana you don’t need to add the sugar)
1 Tbl. Granulated sugar
1/4 C Macadamia nuts, crushed
2 Tbl. Brown sugar
1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
8 Egg-roll wrappers
1 Egg white mixed with ½ cup water
Oil for frying
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup;
1 C Brown sugar
1 C Water
1 Cinnamon stick
1. Peel the peach, remove the pit and chop into 1/4 inch cubes. Mix the chopped peach with the granulated sugar.
2. Set aside for 20 minutes. Mix together the nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon. Lay one egg-roll wrapper on a clean surface.
3. Make a line 1 inch up from the bottom that stops 1 inch in from both sides with 2 Tbl. of the nut mixture.
4. Do the same with 2 Tbl. of the chopped peaches. Brush a line up the sides of the wrapper and fold a 1-inch flap in covering some of the filling on both sides.
5. Now brush a 2-inch line across the top of the wrapper and starting at the bottom of the wrapper roll up the filling creating a little fruit egg roll.
6. Deep-fry the rolls in 375º oil until deep brown. Drain on paper towel.
7. Serve with brown sugar cinnamon syrup and dust with powered sugar.
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup
1. In a small sauce pan dissolve the brown sugar in the water, add the cinnamon stick and bring to a boil over medium heat a, reduce until thick.